Energy Regulatory Manager
The primary purpose of this role is to provide support to the Head of Energy Regulation and the Energy Management Team. The range of topics to be covered will include energy regulation and customer obligations in relation to domestic supply points.
This role will also involve:
- Supporting the satisfactory documentation of internal procedures as demanded by the Regulators and amending such internal procedures where necessary;
- Working with the individuals who monitor KPIs to ensure our on-going compliance;
- Developing an in depth understanding of the regulatory environments within which the business operates - and keeping abreast of all relevant changes published by the Regulators;
- Auditing of internal processes to ensure our compliance and suggest improvements;
- Support the building relationships with Ofgem and BEIS, as well as the legal and compliance departments of our key suppliers;
- Develop an understanding of the Smart Energy Code (SEC) and how Telecom Plus must adhere to it.
We are ideally looking for someone with previous regulatory experience, who has the desire and ability to help take the company forward and translate our compliance obligations into practical and pragmatic advice against the backdrop of the commercial reality of running a fast-growing, efficient, and non-bureaucratic business.
You will be an important member of a small but growing team, and must be willing to roll your sleeves up and get involved in all aspects of the business, ensuring that we continue to work towards our position as "The Nation’s most trusted utility supplier, the one you would recommend to your Mum!"
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills, using MSOffice suite;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good grasp of business and regulatory terminologies;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment;
- High level of intellectual curiosity;
- Outstanding attention to detail and focus on the little things;
- Ability to work with key stakeholders to challenge existing policies and assist in developing pragmatic solutions to problems;
- Someone who loves to think differently about problems of all types, challenges assumptions, and throws themselves into creating new solutions.
- Energy industry background;
- At least two years working in a role involving energy regulation and compliance to some degree;
- MS Office Skills.
- Degree level educated, 2:1 or above;
- Good understanding of regulated energy schemes e.g. Warm Home Discount, Energy Company Obligations (ECO);
- An understanding of the Government mandated smart meter rollout;
- Experience in assisting external auditors.
- Colindale, North West London
- Annual salary £40,000 to £50,000 dependent upon experience;
- 25 Days holiday;
- Company share options;
- Contributory Pension scheme;
- Annual attendance bonus;
- Subsidised staff canteen;
- Staff discount scheme;
- Child care voucher scheme.
'Utility Warehouse’ (a wholly owned subsidiary of Telecom Plus Plc), is the UK’s only fully integrated provider of a wide range of competitively priced utility services, spanning both the communications and energy markets. We have led the way in the deregulated utilities sector, providing our largely domestic customer base with the unique convenience of a single monthly bill for all their utilities, along with exceptional levels of customer service. Despite being a part of one of the UK's fastest growing FTSE 250 companies, with revenue of over £740m, you may not have heard of us. This is because we don't advertise. Instead we rely on the 'word of mouth' recommendations of our existing satisfied customers to grow our market share. We have over half a million energy customers and are considered a 'large’ supplier in the eyes of the regulator, Ofgem. However, with 2% of the UK market we have a hugely exciting future as we aspire to become "The Nation’s most trusted utility supplier, the one you would recommend to your Mum!" With our stunning and modern network headquarters being based in Colindale, North West London, we are easily accessible via the Northern Line and are an easy drive from the North London, Middlesex and Hertfordshire areas.