Holiday Care Assistant, Southampton
Holiday Care Assistants required in Southampton, Netley
Crosby & Perrin Business Solutions are working with a national charity, but this role is based in Southampton, Netley. They provide respite care in a holiday setting for disabled people and carers for over 50 years offering inspirational opportunities for volunteers through one of the largest and most diverse volunteering programmes of any UK charity.
To deliver modern high quality care for disabled people in a holiday/respite setting and to escort guests on daily excursions.
NVQ 2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care to be willing to undertake training to achieve NVQ2.
Hours and pay
37.5 hours per week at £7.55 per hour (possible overtime available)
Summary of Main Duties:
Delivery of care
1. To carry out specific daily care for guests in accordance with individual care plans
2. To assist in providing all aspects of care to our guests, giving attention to their social needs within our holiday environment. Providing care responsibility during trips and entertainment.
3. Keeping accurate and thorough records of all guests on a daily basis.
4. To work closely with volunteers of all ages and backgrounds, actively encouraging and supporting them in the care of our guests. To report any volunteer concerns or problems
5. To report any information to the duty nurse regarding problems or changes in our guests' condition/care requirements.
6. Report all accidents and incidents relating to guests, volunteers and staff to the centre management team. Take appropriate action in each instance.
7. Advising and actively supporting other staff and volunteers in the general care of guests.
8. Report all complaints from guests to the duty manager immediately.
9. Assist with daily routines within the centre.
10. Attend staff meetings and training as required by the management team.
11. To participate in training of other staff members, volunteers and students.
12. Any other reasonable duties required by the management team in relation to the overall welfare of the guests and service.
13. To have a commitment to uphold safe working practices within the boundaries of The Health and Safety at Work Act.
14. To assist with maintenance, cleaning and redecoration when required.
1 To undertake any further training as necessary.
2 To keep abreast of current trends in social care.
Person Specification Holiday Care Assistant
This position requires the person to have at least an NVQ 2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care to be willing to undertake training to achieve NVQ2.
Skills and Experience
* Previous experience in a care setting is an advantage. Previous experience in working as part of a team in a work environment. To have worked with people with physical disabilities is an advantage.
* Excellent organisation, administrative, written and verbal skills.
* Reliable and enthusiastic team member
* Flexible and adaptable
* Ability to promote and secure professional standards within a holiday environment
* Good organisational skills.
* Good timekeeping.
* To be able to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work in a supportive and supervisory role to volunteers