Principal Commercial Manager Level Crossings
Principle Commercial Manager required in Bristol 70-90k Salary
Position Title Principal Commercial Manager (Level Crossings)
Region South West
Business Division Consulting & Rail
Vacancy Type Full Time
Salary from 70000 to 90000
Fuel Card requirement YES
We're looking for self-motivated people
We are looking for an experienced Principal Commercial Manager to join our Western Region Signalling contract. Based in Bristol you will take the lead and manage a small commercial team responsible for providing commercial advice and support to the level crossing works within the contract.
As the Principal Commercial Manager for level crossings you will work closely with the wider management team to develop and implement commercial best practice to maximise value and minimise risk for both ourselves and our customers. As the lead within the commercial team you will take overall responsibility for all areas of commercial management including estimating, P&L performance, risk mitigation and customer relations.
What will this role involve?
* Driving consistency of good valuation/commercial processes post Contract
* Lead or provide commercial support to deliver good p/l results across a portfolio of Contracts or bids as applicable up to a value of £20 m p.a.
* Develop in conjunction with Group procurement good supply chain strategies for delivering contracts
* Deliver the post Contract opportunity and risk process including mitigation of risk
* Negotiate with key customer interfaces
* Develop good strategies for further improving cash flows in this part of the business
* Communicate with clients and internally to promote the Amey brand and influence successful end result
* Retain a good working relationship with the design teams and customers staff
* Manage upwards to Account or Business Director and functionally report to Commercial Account Director
* Support post contract activity by delivering solutions to discrete post contract strategic issues
* Support mobilisation of key contracts commercially with robust processes
* Work with key supply chain companies
To be the successful applicant you will be an experienced Commercial Manager with a relevant, recognised qualification and ideally have experience within the Rail industry. It is fundamental that you have the ability to develop and implement efficient commercial processes to improve commercial practices and ensure value for money within the contract.
The ability to understand and control change and confidence to closely manage the works are vital to being successful within this post. In order to perform well at interview stage you must be able to confidently demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying/commercial management and your ability to build effective relationships with internal stakeholders and customers.
* Excellent Health and Safety awareness
* Strong commercial acumen
* Detailed understanding of the contract conditions used by the division
* Knowledge of the UK governments' agenda for support services
* Ability to develop and recruit staff
* Legal understanding relevant to contracts
* Experience of delivering commercial solutions on support services contracts
* Experience of managing commercial solutions on bids
* Track record of winning work and/or delivering good p/l
* Good negotiator who achieves their objectives
* Engages with the our values
* Agile and focussed commercial operator
* Environmental awareness for managers