Up to £38,000 per annum plus profit related bonus
Location: Close to Fareham, Portsmouth
We are seeking a number of experienced Quality Engineers to join a well-known global power management company based close to Fareham in Portsmouth. This is an excellent opportunity for you to progress your career through our clients commitment to learning and development and to creating and maintaining powerful customer relationships built on a foundation of excellence.
Our client provides energy-efficient solutions to help their customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably through the use of power management technologies and services; and are committed to the support, development and well-being for their employees.
The businesses comprise five distinct segments: Electrical Products, Electrical Systems and Services, Aerospace, Hydraulics and Vehicle.
Experience and responsibilities include:
- Provides Quality customer interface and expertise to ensure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution and root cause and corrective action
- Hosts regulatory audits for EASA Part 21 Subpart G, J and Part 145, effective in non-conformance management to closure
- Executes the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality best practice framework
- Participates in the auditing of internal Quality Systems
- Develops, implements, and audits inspection and test plans
- Analyses organizational quality metrics and performs periodic reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level
- Contributes in the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conducts training in quality-related topics
- Participates in product development and launch
- Leads 8D's to detailed non-conformance, root cause and corrective/preventative actions
- Host Material review boards to effectively manage and turn around non-conforming product, driving corrective action and NCR closure
- Driving continuous improvements and supporting from a quality perspective
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Educated ideally to HNC level but experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Competent in communication with customers and regulatory bodies
- Good understanding of both EASA Part 21 and Part 145 regulations
- Thorough understanding of problem solving tools and techniques i.e. 8D, Root cause analysis, 5 Whys, Six Sigma
- Detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes i.e. ISO9001, ISO/TS-16949, AS9100 etc.
- Good understanding of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements
- Manufacturing/Process/Product knowledge advantageous
- Must be competent and able to report to director level
- Understanding of non-conformance control
- Competent in effectively leading change and continuous improvement