Commercial Account Handler
We are currently working with an independent insurance and risk management consultancy that have market leading experience and expertise within the insurance profession, meeting the needs of private and business clients dealing with personal and corporate insurance risks.
Due to their ever expanding growth now have an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and talented Commercial Account Handler to join their office based in Coventry.
The main purpose of your role will be to provide new business quotations for all classes of Commercial insurance on request, providing relevant advice, information and guidance. You will be dealing with mid-term adjustments and providing assistance in claims issues; whilst assisting customers with enquiries relating to claims, either by direct involvement with the insurer concerned, or providing contact names and telephone numbers for customer own direct contact.
- Take instructions from new clients, ensuring cover commences at the correct time, all relevant paperwork is completed, premium is collected and relevant records and diary entries are created.
- Take instructions from existing customers in respect of alterations to existing policies, ensuring insurers are notified and records updated.
- Offer renewal of existing clients' policies with existing insurer or move to new insurer, as appropriate. In each case, ensure relevant paperwork is completed, premium is collected and relevant records and diary entries are created.
- Check thoroughly all client documentation before despatch, ensuring queries are raised and amendments completed.
- Control your own diary system, ensuring all items are followed up by the due dates, particularly in relation to outstanding documentation from clients or insurers, premium payments and survey matters.
- Filing of all records on a daily basis.
- Assisting with claims administration where necessary.
- Provide back up to the Department Manager in performing the daily and operational routines of the Company's computer system.
- Proven experience working as a Commercial Account Handler - preferably within a commercial insurance/ broker environment.
- knowledge of FCA ICOB Regulations and Insurance products
- Solid communication and articulation skills
- High level of competency in Word, Outlook and Excel.
Our client is looking for a highly motivated and enjoys the challenge of a diverse role whilst having an eye for detail. It is also essential that the successful candidate is a team player, committed to the company, has a flexible and thorough approach with the ability to priorities their work.
For further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR6495
KEYWORDS: Commercial, Account Handler, Insurance, risk management, Regulations, Adjustments, Claims, Insurer