Large global business, who are well established and have a reputation within their sector for the delivery excellent customer service to a range of blue chip customers.
As the financial controller you will contribute to the strategic planning and decision making at the executive level to develop and implement accounting systems and processes that align with the organisation's overall vision and its current long term business objectives. Main activities include: treasury forecasting; financial analysis, planning/forecasting and reporting; management of treasury, credit control and accounts payable departments; manage various insurance policies and cost control.
- Analyse the organisation's revenues, liabilities, credit conditions, and other financial indicators to forecast its short, medium, and long-term cash flow position. Evaluate and recommend to senior management investments, funding sources, and other financial instruments that will meet these cash flow needs.
- Advise senior management on financial matters and on the potential impact of current and future laws and regulations on the operation of the organisation.
- Review (and in some cases, prepare) the organisation's financial reports. These may include monthly management accounts, reports for external auditors, yearend reports, financial projections, etc.
- Lead the audit of banking facilities and liaise with finance providers.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of managers to ensure the organisation's finance activities are conducted accurately, ethically, consistently and according to the relevant regulations, laws and standards.
- Plan, prioritise, schedule, and manage projects within the finance department.
- Develop and implement ad-hoc reports and analysis for senior management as requested.
- Implement continuous improvement, control improvements across the finance department.
- Must have a minimum of Masters level education in a finance related subject.
- Extensive SAP (FICO and MM) experience is essential.
- Will need to have extensive short, medium and long term financial forecasting experience.
- Experience of leading and implementing automated accounting systems is essential.
- Fixed Assets Control experience is a must.
- Experience of implementing SAP modules across multiple group companies is a key requirement.
- Will be required to demonstrate variance analysis experience.
- Must have a proven track record of influencing senior stakeholders.
In return the financial controller will receive a package of £45,000 - £55,000 plus £5,000 car allowance and a bonus of up to £7,000.
By applying for this position, you consent to Sigma Recruitment Ltd contacting you regarding job opportunities and storing a copy of your CV on our database. NOTE we will NOT present your details to any client without speaking to you and seeking verbal consent first.