Trailer Technician - Bristol
Experienced Trailer Fitter required to work for a leading engineering company. You will work alongside the Workshop Foreman to maintain a fleet in excess of 100 road towable trailers (including generator, fuel tank, bowser, load-bank and general plant trailers) plus a further 125 towerlight trailers. Planning and carrying out scheduled maintenance to the trailer fleet. Carrying out daily running repairs of trailers - including hitches, braking systems, lighting, wheels and tyres etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repairs to generator trailers and other fleet trailers
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining a preventative maintenance and inspection schedule for all trailer equipment
- Responsible for production and upkeep of scheduled maintenance records for the above, including recording details of all work done and scheduling of servicing in compliance with Operator's License requirements and ISO 9001:2000 procedures.
- Responsible for purchasing parts and equipment as required, Liaising with the Parts Manager and Workshop Foreman if necessary to ensure that costs are kept under control.
- Responsible for carrying out post-hire checks on Road Tow trailers where required - to report on any damage done whilst on hire and assist Rental Manager in identifying cost of repairs if necessary.
- Providing occasional assistance to vehicle fitters in maintenance and servicing activities for fleet vehicles and manual handling equipment if and when workload allows.
- Comply with all relevant Health and Safety Regulations, including carrying out general housekeeping to ensure work areas are safe and tidy. Including company vehicles.
- A Full and Current UK driving license required with full trailer towing provision (i.e. B+E and C1+E License) - as candidate will be expected to drive company vehicles and tow trailers including visits to other depots to carry out repairs when required.
- light and/ or Heavy Vehicle Technician's qualifications (City & Guilds or equivalent) would be an advantage.
- Forklift/ Reach truck License would be advantageous.
- LGV C+E or LGV C license would be advantageous.
- A flexible approach to working hours is required as there may be a requirement for early starts/ late finishes as the workload requires.
In addition, experience of MOT preparation to VOSA standards is essential for this position as is a high level of customer liaison skills. The ability to work on your own initiative and a strong will to succeed are essential.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be considered to work for one of the leaders in the HGV industry then please forward your cv to Nathan Woakes on or call or
We are looking to set up interviews and move this very soon so please act quick and apply!
Proactive Technical recruitment are leaders within the field of HGV Recruitment. With over 20 years experience of working within the field and also 20 + years recruitment experience we truly are specialists within this market.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.