Location: Central London
Experience: 2 years PQE or equivalant
Practice Area: In-House, Employment Law
Our client is a household name with a reputation as a leader in its field.
They have an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Solicitor to join their legal team based in Central London.
The legal team advises our client and its affiliated companies on a wide range of legal issues including employment and dispute resolution.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of contentious employment cases and will also provide advice and support to the businesses and their senior managers on a wide range of non-contentious employment matters.
Although the successful candidate will need to be able to manage their own caseload the legal team works collaboratively and they will also have the opportunity to undertake work and enhance skills in other practice areas.
No two days are ever the same in this office and the role is particularly suited to candidates with the flexibility to come up with pragmatic solutions to the very wide range of issues that they will be asked to advise upon.
- Handling a broad range of employment litigation from inception to resolution, including some advocacy in Employment Tribunals or Court and instructing Counsel as necessary
- Drafting, updating and advising upon employment contracts and related agreements, policies and procedures
- Providing business-focussed support to the group on compliance with applicable legislation
- Advising group companies on a wide range of non-contentious matters and liaising with colleagues as necessary to provide timely commercial advice on all relevant issues
- Liaising with counsel to support overseas businesses
- 2 years PQE in employment law in an established firm of solicitors or in-house team*
- Excellent academic record
- Strong drafting skills and ability to manage and resolve employment disputes
- Ability to advise on the full spectrum of employment related issues facing commercial organisations
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
*Please note that this advertisement uses PQE levels purely as a guide to the level of experience required and we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the necessary skills.
Join Reed Specialist Recruitment - Our Brand, Our People, Your Career
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed Specialist Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.