Accounts Payable Manager
Accounts Payable Manager
Based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, our client is an exciting leisure business with lots of plans for growth and development who are looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
This job would suit someone with a solid Purchase Ledger background who will be responsible for leading the Purchase Ledger team. The job will be reporting to the Head of Finance and will be responsible for insuring the timely and accurate recording of costs, payment of suppliers and the reconciliation of cash receipts.
This national business has over 50 sites around the UK and is currently going through a sustained period of growth with further expansion plans.
The successful individual will be able to motivate a team and will have great communication skills in order to improve processes and procedures as well as share ideas with all members of staff. The candidate must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other computerised software.
Duties will include:
- Managing a team of 3 Purchase Ledger Assistants
- Ensuring suppliers are paid on time and statements are reconciled on a timely basis
- Preparing and review of various payments runs, and ensuring that input errors are addressed and resolved
- Making payments via BACS, CHAPS, and Faster Payments
- Bank reconciliations
- Ensuring timely reconciling of cash/debit cards receipts by the team
- Managing cash/debit cards discrepancies with the internal audit team
- Issuing remittance advice to suppliers
- Managing month end purchase ledger close process and providing relevant reporting
- Managing employee expenses process
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure queries are resolved
- Assist with problematic accounts
- Ensure all department policies are adhered to consistently and correct approvals are adhered to
- Sending of weekly cash forecasts
- Raise modest number of sales invoices to suppliers for rebates and property contributions
- Train, motivate and support team members
- Conduct appraisals and 1-2-1 meetings
- Build relationships with internal and external customers
For more information about this role or any other Accounts Payable Manager jobs in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability