Building Control Surveyor
Our Client, a leading national Approved Inspector, is looking to appoint a Building Control Surveyor to cover the North East.
To support the area business unit working on a variety of Domestic, Residential, Commercial and Industrial projects. Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager you will be required to deliver an exceptional Building Control service by working alongside local planning bodies, clients, construction workers, and other professionals to ensure construction projects meet the relevant safety, sustainability and preservation standards.
Principle Objectives and Role Responsibilities
- Advising clients about building / property issues including technical, financial, legal, environmental, building regulation and restoration matters to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Carrying out inspections of work, checking plans / drawings and associated information to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations.
- Ensuring that all project / inspection records etc. are accurately recorded on the company management system.
- Generating quotations and compiling technical reports.
- Developing and maintaining excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Ensuring appropriate professional membership is maintained.
Business Development (if applicable):
In addition to providing a first class technical service you will also be required to generate new and maintain existing client relationships to meet business growth objectives. Through sound commercial acumen and outstanding people skills you will be expected to market the Building Control service utilising all appropriate avenues and resources available, identifying additional revenue streams and cross-selling of the services offered by the group
Key Skills & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously, demonstrating effective time-management skills whilst taking responsibility for their own productivity. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral are essential in addition to sound I.T skills.
Qualifications & Experience
Applicants should possess a BSc in Building Control Surveying (or equivalent) and be accredited (or actively working towards) RICS/CABE/CIOB status.