Programme Manager/Project Manager
Our client, a Subsidiary of a renowned energy, technology group, is a specialist in oil and gas extraction and processing equipment, nuclear process plant, nuclear decommissioning containers and much more. Our client is now looking to recruit a Programme Manager to support their nuclear offering within the business.
The requirement is for a Programme Manager to be focal point for a high-value contract to supply high integrity storage containment vessels for the nuclear sector and will report into the Manager of Project Solutions. The Programme Manager will lead and manage the project end-to-end from set up through to ongoing manufacture
The key duties will include:
- Achieve project timing objectives
- Be the Customers primary point of contact for the designated contract, providing regular written and verbal updates, as well as attending review meetings, technical reviews and other meetings;
- Create Customer project plans, timelines cost reports and progress reports;
- Ensure the project activities are properly organised, planned, tracked and managed, continually aligning these to the wider business strategy.
- Compile and distribute status reports to the senior team
- This Programme Manager must have similar experience within Nuclear projects
- Demonstrable track record of achieving project timescales, margins, customer satisfaction and quality
- Degree qualified, engineering background is highly desirable
- Must have good customer facing skills
- Previous track record of delivering projects from concept to completion
- Excellent customer skills; able to deliver first class service to a demanding customer
- Create close long-term working relationships with key customer and supplier contacts
- Educated to degree level in a relevant technical/engineering discipline
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and quality requirements, with the ability to learn new processes
- Able to work independently within a small team environment
- Meticulous attention to detail in both written and numeric work
- Commercial awareness with the ability to track, analysis and interpret manufacturing cost data
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within an extremely fast paced and challenging environment, with great exposure to senior stakeholders of the business and a clear route of career progression. If you’d like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please apply below with a covering note as to your most relevant experience.