Field Service Engineer Bristol
My client is the leading company in their field. They manufacture and maintain a range of heavy plant Fork lift trucks, Reach equipment and automated cargo handling systems to ports, terminals, distribution centres and heavy industry companies throughout the UK. They are working exclusively with me to recruit a Field Service Engineer (multi-skilled). The clients you will visit are based within a 2 hour radius of the Bristol area, however a degree of flexibility is needed as you may on occasion need to travel further a field to provide cover.
As a Field Service Engineer working for the company, your role will be to support clients throughout Bristol and the surrounding territory by delivering planned Preventive Maintenance, Reactive Breakdown and Repair to the companies range of heavy plant Fork lift trucks, Reach equipment and heavy plant automated cargo handling systems. Ideally you will be an experienced Multi-skilled Service or Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias.
Based from home you will receive a work schedule each week and will travel across your territory, working on full service project life cycles and offering clients the highest level of service. The majority of your work (apx 80%) will allow you to return home each day however their will also be occasions when you may see several clients in one area so could be away overnight once or twice a month.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Planned Preventive Maintenance, Reactive Breakdown and Repair work to a range of heavy plant fork lift trucks, cargo handling sytstems and Reach Equipment.
- Work alone or with other team members on installation and commissioning work
- Modifications/updates to Siemans PLCs
- Fault finding within CANBUS
- Carry out extensive electrical and mechanical fault find work
- Manage and maintain tools, parts and equipment in your care
- Deliver High standard of service, understanding the customers needs and expectations.
- HNC in engineering, apprenticeship trained or Time served
- Multi- skilled engineer or mechanical engineer with some electrical experience
- Experience of Heavy Industry Maintenance
- Mechanical fault find (pumps, pipes, pneumatics, hydraulics etc)
- Able to read and follow electrical wiring diagrams
- Electrical fault finding (motors, wiring, sensors, motors etc)
- Experience working with Hydraulic Systems
- Some basic PLC knowledge or experience
In return our client offers and attractive package of £28,000 - £31,000 dependant on experience, plus competitive overtime rates. Benefits include a company van (that you can also use personally), uniform, internet mobile, laptop, generous company pension and real opportunities to progress your career to a senior role. This is a days based role, and the company operates an on call rota of 1 in 4 weekends. The company has an excellent training and support matrix for new engineers joining the business and they can also offer development and progression opportunities.