Capital & Impairment Manager
Job Title: Capital & Impairment Manager
Salary: to £67,000 + car, bonus & benefits
This is an exciting time to join the analytics team of a major retail bank. The portfolio is growing rapidly and the bank need to ensure best-in-class risk management practises are maintained while addressing regulatory change.
The Capital and Impairment Manager will:
- Prepare regulatory returns such as FINREP and Stress Test data frameworks
- Review and challenge operating models, processes and control frameworks
- Liaise with internal and external auditors with matters relating to capital and impairment process
- Identify and deliver simplification opportunities leading to efficiency gains and lower operational risk
- Support the delivery of complex projects such as BSBC239, IFRS9
- Manage and develop team members
- Degree in Maths, Economics, Operational Research, Physics, or similar with a natural ability with numbers.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and resolve to problems
- Excellent communication skills in particular explaining complex problems to non-technical audience
- A self-starter with passion to drive change and innovation
- Experience delivering change and complex processes
- Solid understanding of SAS/SQL
- Good understanding of capital and impairment calculation and reporting.
- Team leaderships skills with track record of leading and motivating teams