Automotive Quality engineer
Alexander Daniels engineering currently have an opportunity for experienced Automotive Quality engineers who are interested in working within a fantastic manufacturing enviroment. This position offers Quality engineers a chance to work on various customers projects.
- Process ECN's and issue all relevant information to production areas
- Supplier Development / improvement plans.
- Support NPI PPAP process (customer & supplier).
- Prepare and maintain all quality information and instructions for production including control plans, gauge instructions, visual aids
- Support operator training on quality issues and instructions for new products
- Support drawing review meetings to determine feasibility of meeting customer's requirements.
- Support Preliminary/ Ongoing program review meetings to determine feasibility of meeting customer's requirements
- Participate in capability studies on all new equipment, pre and post delivery
- Investigation/trouble shooting for Quality concerns, including onsite visits to customers and suppliers
- Arrange and Coordinate any "Outside Testing" as required
- Participate in layer process audit program
- Perform scheduled of TS16949 QMS and ISO14001 EMS system as per schedules issued by management reps for each system
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Adopt and practice Kaizen Principles and Concepts.
- Participate in Kaizan and GEAR activities.
- Follow all departmental and general procedures for this position as indicated in the Level III Procedure Manual
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Work in compliance and conform to TS16949 and ISO14001 standards
- Good computer skills, familiar with Excel, Word, GroupWise, Lotus and WordPerfect MRP systems,
- Good communication and organization skills
- Be able to interact with all levels of employees in a multicultural environment
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Minimum HNC (or equivalent) in an suitable engineering subject
- Previous experience and training in statistical methods and measurement systems
- Knowledge of ISO/TS16949 systems
- Previous experience in automotive manufacturing OEM or Tier 1 environment
- Previous working experience with Control Plans and PFMEA's and PPAP's.
Scrap reduction and elimination actions.
DMN Cost recovery
Materials & Logistics (all levels)