Conference and Events Manager - Beaulieu
Leith’s specialise in providing conference and banqueting, hospitality and food services to cultural, arts and exhibition locations throughout the country and we are proud to also work with Beaulieu Motor Museum.
Situated in the heart of the New Forest, Beaulieu offers a versatile and unusual venue for events which include conferences, dinners, wedding receptions and family fun days.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Conference and Events Manager to oversee the vast array of events at this stunning venue. Events range from a dinner for 8 people through to weddings and large events for up to 3000.
The Conference & Events Manager is expected to be very hands on and have strong managerial skills when managing a core team as well as casual staff. Ensuring you get the best out of each individual and each function runs smoothly at all times.Package description
£28,000 per annum
To work 5 out of 7 days, in line with business needsMain responsibilities
- Ensure that all hospitality services are delivered to the highest standards
- Managing a large team of casual at busy times
- Will be very hands on and assist the team
- Overseeing the function rooms and temporary spaces
- Ensure that all customer requirements are delivered in line with Client and Compass’ expectation
- Staff development including training and motivating staff
- Manage the labour budget
- Must have an excellent knowledge and experience of working within the events and hospitality department
- Have managed large teams and large functions
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Proven experience in managing successful teams
- Excellent organisational skills
- Very flexible in regards to working hours
- Experience of leading and managing teams to deliver results
- Able to work in a pressurised environment and be able to multi- task
- Experience working with clients
- Understanding of P&L accounts
Leith’s, one of the iconic names in event hospitality, is a brand of Levy Restaurants UK. Leith’s works with a range of iconic venues and events, including Glyndebourne festival and the Edinburgh International Conference Centre. Most recently, Leith’s has won the contract to continue providing hospitality and event catering at the flagship Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in the heart of Westminster.
Originally founded by Prue Leith in 1962, Leith's specialises in providing conference and banqueting, hospitality and retail services to cultural, arts and exhibition locations throughout the country.
Events Manager, Deputy General Manager, Conference and events manager