Occupational Health Advisor
Would you like to join one of the UK's leading providers of occupational health services?
Are you looking for an exciting challenge? Come and join our experienced team of multi-disciplinary practitioners.
We are seeking a qualified Occupational Health Advisor to join us in Reading, Berkshire. We are looking for a genuine team player who can work alongside a team of experts and industry professionals. You will receive all the support you need from our senior management team as we work together to bring success to this contract and the company as a whole.
This will be a part time role - 18.75 hours per week over 2 - 3 days, between the hours of 0900 - 1730.
Main duties will include
- To provide expert, evidence based case management services for referrals relating to attendance, fitness for work and other requests for OH advice.
- Provide professional, comprehensive and evidence based written reports
- Provide expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to OH
- To provide fitness medicals and health surveillance where required that meet best practice requirements and in line with Health Partners' policies and protocols
- To evaluate the results of medicals and surveillance provided, and ensure that the correct advice in relation to fitness is communicated, escalating where clinically appropriate
- To provide (where competent) other OH services where required such as vaccinations, travel health services, ergonomic advice, or health promotion for our clients
- To provide clinical supervision and support other team members where relevant (such as OH Technicians)
- To maintain valid and up to date registration with the NMC and comply with NMC guidelines in relation to professional issues, clinical supervision and continuous learning and development as a registered nurse
Where the successful candidate will be required to deliver the full OH remit, you should be proficient in the provision of;
- General Medicals
- Drug and Alcohol screening
- Case Management
- Fitness for role assessment
- Health Surveillance
- Skin Assessments
- Pre-placement questionnaires
Occupational Health Advisor | Occupational Health | OHA | Advisor | Health Advisor | Health Promotion | Medical Advisor
Additional Salary Information:
25 days Annual Leave pro rata & Pension.
- Registration with NMC Part 1
- OH Qualified - Diploma/Degree
- Client management experience
- Significant experience of working in an OH environment in a nursing/advisory capacity, across a range of OH activities
- Sound educational background, including a good standard of numeracy and written English
- Drive and have your own transport
- Be Innovative and adaptable
- Have the ability to work effectively independently and also within a team framework
- Be IT literate
- Demonstrate a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Be aware of own limitations
- Understand and support a flexible approach to team working
- Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Be happy to travel locally
We need someone who is motivated, flexible, approachable, and dependable.
- Face Fit Testing
- Knowledge of Fire & Rescue service
We are one of the UK's leading providers of occupational health services. Established in 2002 by a group of occupational health professionals, having experienced strong, steady growth. Our clients include leading names across a wide range of sectors including aviation, construction, engineering, manufacturing, retail, utilities and the emergency services. Our team brings together many of the UK's finest practitioners and teachers in all relevant healthcare disciplines.
You come first. When you appoint us you will be doing all you can to promote health and wellbeing in your organisation. No other provider offers our range of solutions, delivering them so flexibly, so well.
Collaboration is key to success. From boardroom to front line we are committed to the highest professional standards in everything we do. We will support you in a spirit of genuine partnership, and work with you to provide occupational health services that respond to your changing business needs and priorities, and the needs of every employee.
Our services are comprehensive. We offer a full portfolio of occupational health services, combining them into bespoke programmes that suit your organisation's people and their needs. We also provide innovative medical care training courses that give personnel the skills they need to handle medical emergencies.
Our thinking is innovative. We constantly develop new responses and tools designed to address the occupational health challenges that face your organisation and its employees.Our commitment is total. We have grown over the years by investing in our services, creating new ones, and keeping in step with every client. We constantly explore new ways of working and make no compromises in the quality of our services.