BOOKKEEPER/ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT x2
Our client is a well-established finance and accountancy practice looking for two experienced bookkeepers to join their office in St John's Wood, London on a permanent basis. They specialise in providing accounting, tax and financial management to a variety of small and specialist international clients.
One position is for an experienced person to provide bookkeeping support for a number of clients and in the second position you will be responsible for the in-house office bookkeeping and accounts, bank reconciliations, purchase ledger, sales ledger etc and all associated duties as well as looking after a small payroll.
It is essential that candidates have the ability to liaise confidently with clients by phone, email or in person. Ideal candidates will have between 1-3 years' experience as a bookkeeper or accounting assistant, ideally with previous experience in a practice environment.
As client bookkeeper your duties will include:
- Bookkeeping including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries
- Detailed understanding of double-entry bookkeeping and preparation/posting of period-end and correcting journals
- Preparation of bank and cash and all other balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting clients with general accounting and bookkeeping support and advice
- Managing your own workload in order to complete allocated tasks