Sister - Oncology/Acute Medical Inpatients
If you are looking for an exciting new career opportunity within oncology, this could be just what you are looking for.
As the Sister/Charge Nurse you will play a major role in the development and success of this new service, by working with the Senior Management Team to deliver the clinical strategy for cancer care services. As well as assessing, planning and delivering care to patients, you will have day to day management responsibility for the oncology ward and its staff, providing clinical leadership.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £39,174 - £45,419 + 9% shift enhancement and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure individualised care plans are in place for all patients in the designated clinical area
- Promote discharge planning commencing at admission and educate junior staff with regards to discharge planning
- Provide clinical leadership to ensure the highest standards of clinical practice
- Develop and co-ordinate systems and processes which support delivery of the clinical governance agenda
- Clinical educator, mentor and coach, as required
- Responsibility for the induction of staff to ensure they receive an robust orientation to the ward and hospital including completing all HCA mandatory requirements and thereby equipping the employee with the requisite knowledge to help them fulfil their role and responsibilities
- Build sound working relationships with all consultants by being proactive in establishing mechanisms for involving them in the evaluation and development of the service
- Lead and continuously develop an enthusiastic team focused on working together to achieve strategic goal
Skills & Experience
We're looking for exceptional people to support this new service and you will have previous oncology/chemo experience which is supported by either a course in oncology or chemo in cancer care. As you will be supporting the new team of nurses, it is also expect that you have a mentorship course and have the ability to lead a team through a period of change.
About The Individual
To be successful in this role, excellent customer service will be centric to your work ethic, focussing on the needs of the patients, first and foremost. However it is also important that you can deliver results, provide leadership and be innovative in your approach to leading a team.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!