Paediatric ICU- Sister/Charge Nurse
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children.
The 9 bed general ICU is split over two floors. The department deals with general surgery, cardiac surgery, neurology surgery, oncology patients and other emergency patients that require critical care.
As part of the Paediatric ICU team the successful applicant will have access to all of HCA Healthcare UK's fantastic benefits. Along with this the successful candidate will work within an established organisation based in one of London's most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA Healthcare UK's facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you an accommodation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
To assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of critical care nursing. To work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Sisters in their absence.
Salary range: £39174 - £45419 + shift enhancement +£3000 (ITU supplement)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Team leadership and staff motivation
- Able to demonstrate good presentation skills
- Able to communicate complex and sensitive information, gain cooperation where required and overcome barriers to understanding
- Able to organise own time and make straightforward plans for task, some of which might be ongoing
- Possess dexterity and coordination needed for the manipulation of IV injections, syringe drivers, volumetric pumps, infusions endotracheal suctioning, insertion of catheters and other similar procedures
- Able to participate in moderate physical effort (moving patients/ equipment with the assistance of manual handling aids) frequently during a shift
- Able to concentrate on work for frequent periods despite interruptions and demands from others
- Able to deal with distressed relatives, care for the terminally ill and deal with emotional consequences of critical/ terminal illness for patients/ relatives
- Computer literate
- Able to communicate tactfully and clearly with all members of the MDT
- Ability to deal with difficult behaviour/ team dynamics
- Able to resolve conflict
Skills & Experience
- RSCN- Sick Children's Nurse with NMC pin
- Paediatric Intensive Care qualification
- Teaching and mentorship qualification
- Shift lead experience within a Cardiac PICU
- Demonstrate commitment to seamless and consistent high quality care and services
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional training and development
- Track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with all disciplines
- Interest in research and audit
- PICU experience
About The Individual
- Good interpersonal skills
- A flexible approach to work
- Willing to support others
- Demonstrates ability to use initiative
- Ability to work internal rotation to night duty
- Effective time management
- Evidence of fulfilling PREP
- Committed to providing excellent Family Centred Care
- Motivated, enthusiastic and committed to the department specialty.