PR Account Manager
Nexus Communications is a well-established PR agency based in Gloucester Road, Central London. We have over 30 years' experience working in the food, drink, health and nutrition and OTC sectors. We are seeking an experienced Account Manager to join our healthcare team.
Reporting into the Associate Director of the healthcare division, duties of the Account Manager will include:
- Contributing towards to high levels of client satisfaction, ensuring a roster of healthcare clients are kept up-to-date with day-to-day activities and opportunities on their account and results generated.
- Providing sound tactical advice to clients based on your knowledge of the current issues, trends and regulations that impact the healthcare market.
- Building and managing relationships with a network of influencers within the healthcare market, in order to produce results in line with client KPI’s
- Generating a consistent stream of media coverage through monitoring opportunities and pitching strong story ideas and content to journalists
- Producing copy that is accurate, well written, thoroughly proofed and grammatically correct.
- Creatively developing story angles which generate good media coverage for healthcare clients.
- Producing compelling presentations in line with client briefs and with the appropriate tone for the audience
- Producing accurate and concise business reports and documents to meet the requirements of Nexus and its clients
- Ensuring client administration, reporting and record keeping are carried out thoroughly, with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Delivering PR programmes and projects to agreed objectives and within agreed service terms.
- Managing client expectations and team workloads through planning and interaction with senior colleagues
- Advising on digital marketing tactics and advising to clients how these can add value to client campaigns.
- Collaborating with senior managers and directors to ensure strategic input on client accounts, and the identification and resolution of issues before they become bigger problems
- Developing junior members of the healthcare team, ensuring clear roles and responsibilities are defined and they understand the contribution they are expected to make to their accounts.
- Contributing to high levels of productivity within the healthcare team by responsibly raising awareness of performance issues with colleagues, enabling them to be resolved promptly and effectively by senior management.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
This role requires an experienced Account Manager from a PR agency environment who is capable of managing client relationships. Solid understanding of the issues, trends and regulations that affect the Healthcare market is essential, as well as experience of managing and mentoring junior team members. A CIPR (chartered institute of public relations) recognised qualification in PR & Communications would be desirable.
Salary on offer for this role is between £32,000 - £35000 depending on experience.
The closing date for applications is 3rd June 2017