Tendering Engineer - Bury St Edmunds £23,000 - £30,000 / 33 Days Holiday / Pension / life assurance.
This is your opportunity to join a market leading multi utility connections business working on numerous residential and commercial projects connecting them with Gas, Water and Electricity.
The company enjoys turnover in excess of £1.5bn and grew it's UK operations by a further 150 staff in 2016 / 2017.
The company is one of the biggest of it's type in the UK and is part of a larger engineering group. They typically connect new housing estates and small onshore renewable energy farms with essential utilities, designing and building the infrastructure to support this. This typically includes cable and pipe work, substations and associated LV and HV equipment.
The Tendering Engineer to be responsible for the planning and costing of Utility networks to enable quotation within our Tendering Department.
Reporting to the Tendering Manager the typical projects will be new build housing estates.
The candidate will need to have great organisational skills, sound technical knowledge on the principles of gas and electricity designs. They will need to have an analytical approach to their work and an ability to prioritise as and when necessary.
- Checking demand calculations and network design
- Advising staff undertaking demand calculations and communicating with other network owners regarding connections.
- develop new processes and procedures if and when required.
- Understand and interpret customer requirements.
- create and maintain reports
- Applying for CSEP/POC
- Accurate data input.
- communicate with developers/contractors on Technical queries/problems
- Must hold a suitable recognised engineering or scientific qualification. ( HNC/D or Degree)
- Provide quality work within the department .
- Maintain a helpful and informative attitude.
- Assist the Tendering Manager in the development of greater efficiency for the company.
- Ensure that all relevant information is recorded accurately and submitted on time.
- £24,000 - £30,000 basic salary
- Annual Pay Review
- Life assurance
- 37.5 Hours PW
- Holiday - 33 days inclusive of statutory allowance
- Bury St Edmund's
- Please contact Ashley Hamer on or
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.