Temporary to Permanent AP Clerk
An exciting opportunity has risen for an Temporary to Permanent AP Clerk within a leading local employer with a great culture of promoting staff internally. On an temporary to permanent basis this role is required to support a fast paced finance function with high volume invoice processing involving multi currency. This position is to start immediately and this role is urgent
Situated in Brackley my client are linked to the Retail industry, leading from the front within their specialised area of the retail sector. The AP Team is industry leading and hence the need for immediate cover to ensure their high standards are maintained and continued with the view of this role going permanent longer term in line with current company growth
Temporary to Permanent AP Clerk duties
- Accurately process supplier invoices, ensuring they are appropriately authorised, coded and posted on to the system.
- Take full ownership of the purchase ledger, ensuring; supplier statements are reconciled, invoices are paid to terms, suppliers are accurately set up on the system, outstanding balances are chased and cleared.
- Manage the purchase ledger mailbox and deal with supplier queries, ensuring all queries are resolved efficiently and professionally.
- Manage and take ownership of employee expense claims, ensuring appropriate authorisation, receipts provided, correct coding for all expense claim items, and following up on employee queries.
- Work to agreed weekly time frames for payment of supplier invoices and employee expense claims.
Preparation of BACS file for weekly payment runs.
You will have worked in an Finance team before and able to deal with a high volume of invoices. Ideally use of an ERP system and someone who is able to hit the ground in this Temporary to Permanent AP Clerk is beneficial however training will be included
An attractive hourly rate for the successful, immediately available candidate and the opportunity to join a great team with the scope of a longer term position