Job Title: Application Engineer
We are looking for an application engineer with a background in electrical engineering and preferably experience in electrical machine design or powertrain system design for automotive applications. You need to be highly motivated to be trained and learn new skills in both electrical and mechanical disciplines, allowing you to support development of electro-mechanical analysis products.
- Outbound activities for our electro-mechanical design tools and software:
- Technical support for customer visits supporting the regional teams
- Development of technical presentation material, technical marketing material and technical content for white papers
- Training activities internal and external
- Liaise between electrification R&D activities and Product Management activities
- Support in developing new product solutions based on R&D capabilities
- Technical testing of new software
- Support in developing webinars to demonstrate new capabilities
- Work directly with key customers to understand their requirements and identify product solutions
- MSc in Electrical Engineering - ESSENTIAL
- Providing technical support for CAE software, preferably for electrical machine design software
- Working in the automotive or a related industry, preferably in electrical machine design and/or electric drive systems
- Particular experience in using software tools such as Matlab/Simulink, Python and electro-magnetic Finite Element Analysis packages, such as Ansys Maxwell, would be beneficial.
ACS are recruiting for an Application Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be an Application Engineer please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as an Application Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as an Application Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Application Engineer role you desire.