LEAD NURSE - Substance Misuse RMN - Private Clinic
We are working with a very prestigious Healthcare provider and specialist clinic in Central London! They are looking for a very experienced Lead RMN who specialises in Substance misuse to work in their new detox Clinic. This is a great opportunity to be part of a new team in a specialist Clinic and deliver care of highest degree!!
LEAD NURSE (RMN) - Responsibilities
- Oversee management of staff resources and ensure staff rotas are completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for nursing recruitment and retention in liaison with Practice Manager, induction and delivery of regulatory and mandatory training
- Lead responsibility that the environment in the clinic is clean and safe and to conduct audits, taking corrective action where necessary
- Responsibility in conjunction with Practice Manager for investigation and resolution of complaints and application of disciplinary procedures where appropriate.
- Maintain, review and implement all policies and procedures relevant to the clinic
- Ensure the preservation of confidentiality in relation to patients, staff and the organisation
- Work autonomously and interact effectively within a multi- professional team.
- To provide clinical support within area of specialism, offering expertise, advice and support to all nursing staff
- To take a pro-active approach to the development of clinical skills within the clinic ensuring that practice reflects local standards and policies and are in keeping with relevant professional standards. To keep abreast of all clinical developments within the profession and act as a resource for the junior staff, and the multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrate clinical excellence within Gynaecological and Dermatological nursing particularly within the scope of Colposcopy, Endometriosis Services, Acute Gynaecology, Hysteroscopy services and General Gynaecology, contraception, Rheumatology, Dermatology and Aesthetic procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to advancing nursing practice by means of research.
- Ensure nursing practice is evidence based.
- Ensure the nursing team is achieving high standards of care and implement any recommendations.
- Lead the team in the writing of Nurse Protocols and ensure they work within their framework.
- Ensure patients privacy, dignity and confidentially is maintained.
- Demonstrate competencies in extended roles such as cannulation and venepuncture
- Manage annual leave within the team by ensuring it is evenly distributed throughout the year and the clinic is appropriately staffed.
- Report all incidents and complaints to the Practice Manager and ensure the appropriate documentation is completed.
- Oversee the nursing team to ensure all equipment use is maintained in good working order and its location monitored. Ensure all risk assessments are undertaken where necessary and COSHH sheets are maintained for all substances used within the nursing department.
- Oversee the nursing team to ensure that all management recommendations and consultations of patients are recorded in nursing and medical notes, ensuring that all documentation is maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure all members of the nursing team are up to date with CPD and validation. Take a lead in determining appropriate opportunities for development within the team.
LEAD NURSE (RMN) - Skills
- Candidates for the position of Nurse will have relevant qualifications in nursing - Nursing qualification & Pin Number
- A minimum of two years of experience is required in a health care setting, mental health or addictive disease treatment program in a similar position.
- Experience of working in a supportive residential environment.
- Professional expertise in nursing with patients with behavioural health problems
- Clear communication for various audiences, written (word-processing and hand) and oral
- People Management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
- DBS Enhanced clearance or equivalent.
If you are interested in these RMN vacancies please send your CV to and I will give you a call. Alternatively you can call me on for more information.
"As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month."