Prophet Care Recruitment are currently looking for a Registered Children's Home Manager for a Childrens Home in Hemel Hempstead. The post holder will report to the service provider of the Home and are responsible for all staff within the Home.
You will be required to manage the resources of the Home to provide a positive living experience for the children in the service. You will undertake the responsibilities of the Registered Manager under the Care Standards Act 2000, the Children's Homes Quality Standards and the Children's Home Regulations 2015.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Hold the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and management for Residential Childcare or a qualification that the registered provider considers to be the equivalent to the Level 5 Diploma.
- Within the past 5 years has spent at least 2 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children and worked for at least one year in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role.
- Flexibility of hours as there will be occasion for contact outside of normal hours
- Equal Opportunities
- Responsible for understanding and promoting equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety
- To be responsible for the health and safety of residents and staff
- Administrative Staff at the Home
- Understanding of Ofsted guidelines and regulations
Duties & Responsibilities
- To supervise and offer constructive feedback and be involved in the assessment and supervision of staff
- To advise on policies and procedures to reflect the aims and objectives of the Home; to develop systems for monitoring progress towards the achievement of such aims and objectives
- To ensure that services are delivered according to the Statement of Purpose for the Home
- To access the development needs of residents and to monitor and improve the Home’s care plan and practices for each young person
- To generate an open and supportive atmosphere within the Home between staff members and between staff and residents, to enable the growth and development of both staff and residents
- To ensure the Home is physically safe and to provide a good quality environment for the children
- To create and develop links between the community and the Home to enable children to participate fully in the life of the community
- To ensure children and staff are aware of all the procedures relating to complaints and concerns and how to activate them
- To recruit, train and develop staff to meet the objectives of the Home in accordance with agreed procedures
- To manage and operate budgets within the agreed guidelines for the Home
- To ensure the assessed needs of young people in the Home are met on a day-to-day basis
- To contribute effectively to each child’s placement plan review and looked after child review
- To ensure that the young person contributes as far as is feasible in the review process
- To ensure that there is a comprehensive plan for young people preparing to leave care
If you feel that you have the experience required for the role above and would like to be considered for this position please do not hesitate in sending your CV across to us today!