We are currently working with a reputable accountancy practice in Trowbridge who are looking for a Tax Manager to lead the Swindon tax department, provide technical support to the local partners and client service teams, to develop the private client compliance and advisory client base in Wiltshire through business development, networking and the establishment and maintenance of relationships with other professionals.
- Maintain a productive relationship with all clients in designated portfolio
- Research specialised tax issues and manage advisory assignments on the tax portfolio
- Plan the department’s work effectively assessing the resources and time required
- Ensure that all budgets and timescales are met by employees for whom you have responsibility
- Work to identify and develop new opportunities and services
- Lead the relationships with other professionals and work connectors
- Lead in identifying and acting on all potential opportunities for providing additional services to existing clients
- Ensure that policies and procedures are implemented effectively, delegating activities to team members as appropriate
- Undertake regular performance reviews for direct reports
- Provide direction, counselling, coaching, feedback and support to employees as necessary helping to motivate them and maintain team morale
- Provide feedback to tax director and partners on business activities
- Comply with procedures required under Practice Assurance and the Money Laundering Regulations
Our client admires candidates with a or working towards an ACA/ACCA and CTA qualification or equivalent. Previous experience managing a tax department is highly desirable.