Continuous Improvement Engineer
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Monday to Friday - Days Only
Up to £40,000 (plus Benefits Package)
Our client is currently recruiting for an experienced and dynamic Continuous Improvement Engineer due to ongoing expansion and business growth. This is a new position within the business and comes with ongoing career development opportunities.
Being able to build strong relationships with colleagues, external contacts and suppliers is vital, as is a high level of attention to detail. Ultimately our client is looking for someone who can see what needs actioning and then makes it happen.
This role will be varied and interesting, where no two days are ever the same, so a practical and flexible approach is essential.
The purpose of this role is to improve operating efficiency through the principles of lean with a number of ongoing projects. The position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead the planning and implementation of operational process changes and new processes
- Delivery of projects to meet sites KPIs
- Promote and deliver a culture which encourages problem elimination, whilst devising and implementing improvements to systems, methods and procedures
- Lead continuous improvement activity
- Develop and maintain relationships with 3rd party suppliers and stakeholders across all business functions
- Develop and present analytical reports to make the complex simple
- Develop employees through an awareness programme of Lean techniques (5S, Root Cause Analysis, SMED, PDCA, Kaizen etc.)
- Ensure compliance at all times with operating procedures and safe systems of working
- The role will include an element of administrative duties to support the Operations Manager including stock control and monitoring, time and attendance reporting, generating maintaining and reporting of operational KPIs
To be considered for this role you must be able to clearly demonstrate your experience of:
- Delivery of projects that have improved operational performance
- Working alongside operations teams, managing varied and multiple projects
- Be able to review processes in a highly analytical manner, and identify improvements and solutions.
- Experience of working in a high pressure operations environment
- Experience of working as an Operations Support Manager, Project Manager, or a Continuous Improvements Manager within an Engineering environment would be highly desirable
- The ideal candidate will show initiative to identify and drive areas of improvement across the site with strong influential skills
- Structured problem solving skills
- Lean practitioner would be highly desirable
You will be working in a friendly and supportive environment where training and development is encouraged.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Rischer and Butler is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Please note that due to the high level of applications we are only able to contact you if short listed for this vacancy. If you have not been contacted within 3 days then your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
Please visit our website to view all current opportunities. If you would like to receive notifications of all new vacancies, you can go either go to our Facebook page and simply click on the "Like" button, or alternatively you can follow us on Twitter @RischerButler
Rischer & Butler Resource Solutions have in excess of 10 years’ experience of recruiting in the Maintenance engineering sector and are a leader in this field of expertise. We are currently seeking first class apprenticeship trained engineers to further deliver to our most loyal clients. We also have opportunities for experienced engineers looking for engineering work daily, weekly or monthly. We assure you of our continued feedback and professionalism with every application.