Channel Sales - Marketing
£25,000+ Competitive salary depending on experience within the market place
Purpose of the Job:
- To grow revenue and profitability for the channel sector through existing and new channel partner relationships.
- To use digital and best practice marketing techniques to develop existing channel partners and help develop their sales potential.
- To bring best sales and marketing practices to managing channel partners, incentivising and optimising sales and profitability.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and identify new channel relationships and third party opportunities to grow and develop channel as a sector.
- Carry-out market research to compare product portfolio with competitors’ products and pricing.
- To develop relationships with channel partners to displace competitors within the market place.
- Monitor channel performance against plan and make marketing recommendations to ensure results are achieved and exceeded.
- Understand each channel partner’s business model and objectives.
- Develop a marketing plan with channel partners to best achieve their sales targets through marketing campaigns and incentives - linking to sales and profitability.
- Key account reviews for each channel partner - advising on the best product match to their business, keeping a consistent pricing structure, achieving profitability and acting as a brand guardian
- Review how the partners are using digital techniques, particularly optimisation & PPC to achieve business success and make appropriate suggestions.
- Promote adoption of new products.
- Create and manage an incentive plan for each channel partner to maximise exposure and drive sales.
- Carry-out training as required with channel.
- Partner sales teams.
- Attend meetings as required with UK channel partners
Professional/Vocation Qualification or specific experience required:
- Ideally will have had experience of dealing with channel/distribution partners.
- 1-2 years of marketing experience, ideally within the channel/distribution sector.
- Experience of selling and marketing technical products.
- Experience of digital marketing techniques for ecommerce sites preferred.
- Creative approach to enhancing sales through marketing ideas.
- Demonstrate excellence in verbal and written communication skills; including editing, proofing, writing and design concept skills.
- Clean driving licence.
- Visionary, creative with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Organised, good at time management and highly motivated.
- Creative with the ability to think out of the box.
- High level of personal credibility, ability to influence internal decision makers and major customers.
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding environment.
- Critical attention to detail.
- Ability to work with people at all levels both internally and externally.
- Proactive, professional and committed to providing first class customer service.
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities in a change orientated environment.
- Ability to seek out "best fit" solution.
- Strategic thinker.
- Investigative and problem solving skills.