A leading multi-site retailer are looking for a Finance Manager - Management Reporting to join their fast paced business. The Objective for the Finance Manager role is to support the CFO & Financial Controller to ensure that the company complies with all Financial accounting and governance requirements, and achieves a clean external audit report.
The Finance Manage will also be responsible to ensure that the Executive team and Board, including all sub-committees, have accurate timely and relevant information on financial accounts and governance matters and ensure that the Finance team is lead, motivated and inspired.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Review the daily cashflow and weekly cash flow forecast;
- Review the weekly KPI and Trade Review report;
- Review the weekly sales forecast and provide comments;
- Update the monthly Business Plan;
- Review the monthly CAPEX report;
- Prepare final P&L and rollover board pack on a monthly basis;
- Prepare and update the monthly consolidated pack;
- Completion of Shareholders board pack;
- Manage the audit and review the Lead Schedule compiled for the auditors and ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are checked and signed off accordingly;
- Ensure that the Group Statutory accounts are issued as well the dormant companies;
- Complete/Review Tax returns;
- Review the Valpak return and Form 42;
- Review the PSA return;
- Review the VAT return and sign off before submission;
- Working closely with Head of Retail to ensure that Retro's are calculated and accrued for correctly, check detail from the contract v the operating system v data from supplier;
- Examine financial records and accounting statements for respective cost centres;
- Check for compliance with local legislation in financial documents
- Ensure VAT submissions are compiled, check and submitted in accordance with HMRC requirements;
- Manage a team of 3 qualified accountants, ensure that objectives are set and timetables are compiled and adhered to - lead motivate and inspire;
- Ensure that the Financial Reporting team provides internal customer excellence to internal stakeholders;
- Compile the Corp Tax calculation and ensure that tax is paid in accordance with HMRC requirements;
- Analyse accounting systems used by businesses to look for inaccuracies and potential improvements;
- Work with business managers to assess financial status and identify methods for cost-reduction and efficiency improvements;
- Understand and adhere to all financial and accounting regulations and legislation;
- Disclose or report financial activities to government authorities as necessary;
- Influence process change and new ways of working.
The role requires a qualified accountant; ACA/CIMA/ACCA who is a proven, good leader that can inspire and motivate a team. Experience of managing a team is essential.