Accounts Assistant - South Cambridge - Permanent - £23-24k
Fantastic opportunity to join an exciting finance team as an Accounts Assistant. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the role provides critical support from within the finance function to two divisions. This role is suited to a candidate who is able to prioritize their own workload, applies a high level of accuracy to their work and is able to support the Finance team. The ideal candidate will be confident to work independently as well as part of a team and strive to take proactive initiative in solving issues as they arise.
- Provide value to the business by working closely with the Project Accountants to deliver key support to the project teams, providing accurate information and responding to project queries in a timely manner
- Credit control and pro-active ledger management
- The setup of new projects, maintenance of existing projects and project closures on the Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP system
- Posting of weekly timesheets, chasing of missing timesheets and investigating any discrepancies
- Ensuring all bank receipts (UK & US) are posted on a daily basis
- To work with the wider finance team on ad hoc queries and other administrative tasks
Experience & qualifications
Candidates must have previous experience of working in a finance team; it would be advantageous if this was project-related
- Ability to multi-task and able to operate effectively and efficiently in a fast moving environment
- Ready and able to exercise initiative
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Work effectively under pressure and have the ability to prioritize
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel
This is a permanent position with a salary of £23-24k and excellent benefits.