Head of Year Progress
HEAD OF YEAR [PROGRESS]
Required for September 2017
Applications are invited for the above post at this Outstanding, stable, over-subscribed and ambitious school. As Head of Year you will join our Pupil Development Team and take middle leadership responsibility for standards in the Year Group. In our mini-school structure (of five colleges), you will be a Middle Leader of one of our Colleges in which the Year Group sits.
We will appoint a consistently very good to outstanding teacher with great leadership potential who achieves excellent results for progress and attainment with her/his classes.
We are determined that the successful candidate will have:
- A passion for teaching (preferably but not essentially: in History, Religious Studies, Science or Physical Education).
- Well-honed skills, in securing outstanding progress and attainment with critical groups at KS3 and KS4.
- Excellent skills in giving strong marking and feedback to students which leads to well-matched and challenging learning activities.
- Reliable evidence of very good to outstanding teaching and results, with a particular focus on the most able and least advantaged.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with students, staff, parents and agencies
- Expertise in ensuring excellent attitudes and conduct from students, which they will bring to leading a year group.
Closing date for completed applications - 17th May 2017 (noon)
Interview Date -w/c 22nd May 2017
Further information and an application pack can be obtained by contacting our Hays Recruitment Partner, Holly Currie, by emailing [mailto:] or by calling . Visits to the school are warmly encouraged and can also be arranged by contacting Holly Currie.
Huddersfield Road, Mossley, via Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester OL5 9DP
Headteacher: Mr S. Marshall
Executive Headteacher: Mr. D Duncan
11-16 Community School