On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Design Engineer.
My client is looking for an experienced design engineer to join their team. This role involves the creation of detailed drawings and models of parts and machinery for our clients. Their client base is varied however they have a strong presence within the food/drink, automotive, paper, packaging and pharmaceutical industries. Working closely with our production team and sales teams to meet the needs of our customers. The work is varied, predominately detailing parts and re-engineering but does include bespoke design work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Drawing/modelling of machine parts
- Take verbal and written instructions from Workshop Manager, Customer Service Manager and Sales Director in relation to customer requirements
- Produce detailed drawing/model in SolidWorks
- Create drawings from samples or sketches
- Utilise experience as required where specifications and instructions are limited
- Utilise any drawings provided
- Must be fully conversant with engineering tolerances, fits & finishes
- Testing of materials for any parts provided by client
- Measurement of any parts provided by client using CMM machine, verniers and micrometers
- Liaise with customers if necessary, visiting site as appropriate to see machines and parts in situ
- Produce revisions to drawings as required and requested
- Liaise with Workshop Manager once detailed drawings are completed if the drawing is being passed to production
Special Projects/Re-engineering/Bespoke part modelling
- Visit customer sites as necessary to view parts or machines in situ, taking measurements and details as required to complete the work
- Create drawings and send to clients for approval, liaising with the Workshop Manager, Customer Service Manager and Sales Director as necessary
- Liaise with the client Team Leader or Engineering team to ensure the drawings are suitable, revising as necessary
- Ability and experience to provide re-engineering solutions and new designs
- The ability to check calculations before being passed to production
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the library of drawings provided by clients
- Liaise with the Customer Service Manager when clients request copies of drawings and models from the library
- Printing of large format drawings for Customer Service Manager when requested.
Please apply with your CV in the first instance to TRF Technical, stating your salary expectations.