Senior Building Surveyor Social Housing
Senior Building Surveyor (Social Housing)
South East London - Brockley
Circa £45,000 per annum + company car and benefits
My client is a successful construction and maintenance group operating across London and the southern counties. As part of their continued growth we are currently seeking a Senior Building Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis in South East London.
The main purpose of the role is the timely execution and management of predominantly Lifecycle and Cyclical works, surveys and inspections.
My client provides ongoing maintenance works to social housing stock which mainly consists of Victorian Street properties and several high rise blocks.
The Senior Building Surveyor will be responsible for leading the team and handling more complex and technically challenged surveys.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To identify Lifecycle and Cyclical works under the various contracts, design solutions, manage resident expectations, to procure works (value for money) to place orders, manage works through to completion
- To ensure compliance with all company management policies and procedures and drive continuous improvement
- Provide leadership and direction for Project team members
- Attend Resident Consultation Meetings as required
- Management of Subcontractors and Suppliers
- To provide technical support to colleague as required
- Daily updating of Management information
- Weekly reporting in to Head of Operators
- Have a strong background as a Building Surveyor with Social Housing experience
- Hold a relevant qualification; ideally be RICS certified
- Have effective communication skills
- Be a natural leader
- Have sound numeracy skills and required level of commercial acumen
- Have strong interpersonal skills and proven negotiation skills
As there is some travel involved the successful candidate will need a full UK Driving License.
For immediate consideration for this highly rewarding position please apply now.