Senior Propositions Manager - Technology & Telecoms
If you're someone who has an IT sector related background working as a commercially aligned product manager, with experience of developing and launching scalable and repeatable solutions based on identified customer needs, and have done this for major corporate and/or public sector clients - read on!
We're supporting one of the big guns in the B2B telecoms and technology market, as they look to appoint a Senior Propositions Manager into this newly created position.
Your remit will not be aligned to any one product line within their portfolio, and it's a portfolio which includes both product and service options that include things like:
- Cloud and platform services
- Networking solutions
- Cyber and networking security
- Fixed and mobile voice services and unified communications
So the product and proposition portfolio you will be developing, as well as managing in-life, will include a blended approach of pulling together the right technology solutions for the customer, matched with the right service offerings in how it's delivered and what the customer experience is of using that service too.
You will be working closely with the sales teams who will be pulling together RFI, bids and proposals for customers. What you're going to be looking for are any recognised trends in customer requirements, how these might be evolving over time and ensuring the product and service portfolio which makes up the commercial propositions are being developed to meet those needs.
If there are any identified gaps, or areas where client needs are evolving outside of the portfolio you're able to pull from, it will be your responsibility to establish business cases to close that gap.
The key to your success in this role will be developing and maintaining the right suite of solutions that meet and pre-empt customer need. Ensuring it's competitive versus market competition and fit for purpose. The solutions also need to be scalable and repeatable in nature - and the client has said there's a clear preference for them to engage someone who's able to prove they've come from an environment that works this same way.
There's going to be lots of scope for progression as well as personal development. The business is going through a period significant scaling-up following a re-org. There's real ambition to drive growth in market share and achieve a step-change in commercial performance too.
This opportunity will really suit a self-starter with ambition, drive and determination. There's real opportunity available here and a chance to be part of something with huge potential to achieve big results.
Role: Senior Propositions Manager - Technology & Telecoms
Location: London, Leeds or Bolton - there will be some need to travel for meetings. This will be expensed.
Salary: £50,000 to £62,000 (location and experience dependant)
Benefits: ~£5k car allowance, 10% on target bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- Experience of developing product and proposition solutions within the B2B technology and telecoms space which are scaleable and repeatable
- Ideally you've done this targeting either major corporates or public sector customers
- Good knowledge of B2B technology eco-system which can be within any one of the following: IT services, end-user computing solutions, security solutions (firewalls, anti-virus, etc.), networking solutions, mobile or fixed line services, cloud services - either developing propositions in this space, or as a re-seller where you've added vaue to base solutions provided by third party and been responsible for bringing them to market, managing their commercial success in-life
- B2B Telco or IT service provider related sector experience is required
- You have a keen eye for market and customer insight, how to utilise it to commercial advantage in the development of new propositions
- A great commercial mindset - thinking in terms of customer need, pricing strategies, value and return.
- Corporate/customer direct sales force environment - not one that's sold through contact centre operations
- Evidence of leading virtual teams in the delivery of new propositions/products to market
- Got to have a reasonable technical knowledge and understanding of the technologies in this space
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call and ask for the marketing division.