FUNCTIONAL SKILLS TUTOR - WEST LONDON
•Job Title: Functional Skills Tutor
•Salary: £23,000 - £30,000 per annum
•Job type: Permanent
•Start date: ASAP
Our client is an award winning organisation, actively seeking experienced Functional Skills Specialist to join their unique learning environment.
As a Functional Skills Tutor you will prepare and support all learners on apprenticeship programmes to achieve functional skills as part of their apprenticeship programme. Ensure candidates have the skills and qualities to deliver great services when starting employment.
• Plan individual learning and ensure schemes of work and lesson plans are in place before delivery/workshops
• Support the implementation and delivery of the Functional skills organisational strategy
• Develop teaching materials and ensure are appropriate and up to date.
• Carry out quarterly programme reviews and implement areas for improvement through the quality assurance process
• Understand and promote the culture of "safeguarding" of all candidates/ learners
• Work towards Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Minimum of 1 year teaching Functional Skills - Apprenticeship programmes
• GCSE’s or equivalent - Maths, English and ICT
• Teaching qualification
• Travel to other delivery areas may be required
• A1 or equivalent - assessors’ qualification
We welcome all applications, however due to anticipated high volume of interest we may be unable to directly respond to every application.
**REFER A FRIEND** If this vacancy is not for your but you know someone who may be interested and suitable, let us know asap. Anyone you refer to Newton's who we place you will receive a £200 referral incentive.