Channel Business Development Manager - Storage, Server or Networking
My client is a distribution partner for data storage, servers & end-to-end IT solutions. Due to an increase in business they are actively seeking additional Business Development Managers.
The role involves predominantly external customer visits (3 days per week). The external reseller visits will require travel across the UK to visit new and existing customers whilst internal support will be based at their Basingstoke office. A technical understanding of storage, networking or server products is required for this role. The expectation would be that the BDM would be in the office 1-2 days a week maximum once trained and fully operational
You will be expected to proactively and consistently deliver exceptional customer service by thinking creatively, displaying enthusiasm, being positive and putting our customers and our people at the heart of everything you do to achieve the best possible results.
- Delivering an expert service in your field selling Server, Storage or Networking solutions
- Developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Delivering against organisational and personal KPI’s including divisional revenue, margin and activity levels
- Developing, qualifying and following up on sales leads with new and existing clients
- Following up e-shots and marketing activities with prospective clients
- Promoting services and accessories to increase margin and value
- Continually updating and maintaining records of progress in the CRM
- Relationship building with internal sales team
- Owning responsibility for the accuracy, integrity and completeness of the database
- Attending training sessions provided by vendors or product teams;
- Developing a positive and pro-active relationship with product and other supporting team members
- Seeking and sharing commercial information on competitors, in order to benchmark and ensure that our bids are competitive, whilst achieving profitability
- To meet or exceed divisional monthly revenue and margin targets.
- Have account plans for all your focus accounts
- To provide a monthly sales revenue forecast and ensure your pipeline is always up to date
- All contacts in the CRM system are up to date for your accounts.
- To ensure all customer’s correspondence are acknowledged and responded to within pre-agreed SLAs
- Participate and drive focus call out days internally (as required) and with resellers
- To meet or exceed required activity targets as directed by line Manager.
- To achieve a minimum number of appointments (4/5) per week.
- To broaden the product range within an account set in accordance with goals set.
- Agree quarterly activity, marketing and business plans with key resellers and monitor them.
- A hunter sales mentality
- Team player with a friendly easy going manner
- Channel experience within distribution or reseller
- Able to deliver successful outcomes at high pace High level of attention to detail
- Resilient and able to solve complex problems and overcome challenges
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organised and deadline orientated
- Commercially aware
This role would suit a "hungry" senior Internal Sales Executive seeking their first role on the road OR a Field Sales Executive with 2-3 years experience.