Graduate Sales Executive
A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO. Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves. But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about the role
The Graduate Sales Executive role will provide you with a wealth of experience within the AO Aftercare department and a great foundation for a successful career at AO. If you’re serious about sales and your career, your career starts here.
- The basic salary for the role is £20,000pa with a realistic OTE of £41,500 (uncapped) with top earners taking home in excess of £60,000
- 1 in 4 of our sales executives earn £50,000 with 1 in 10 earning £60,000
- 9 out of 10 of our sales executives earn £41,500 OTE
- Comprehensive ISMM endorsed sales induction training with offsite residential team building days
- Defined career path as 60% of our first line management employees came from the graduate sales role
- On-going support
- Weekly reward meal for top performing teams
- Monthly company nights out to recognise and reward performance
- Dynamic fast paced sales office
Join our successful graduates and be our next sales superstar. Apply now.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
- Warm calling customers selling a value added service
- You will be building relationships, understanding customer needs, relating back and closing deals
- Adopting a consultative approach
Enjoy working hard to get rewarded? Want to add value to the growth of our organisation! Apply now.
A few things about you
- A highly motivated attitude to targets
- Goal orientated with a passion to succeed
- Professional and credible
- Competitive attitude with a resilience and determination to succeed
- Educated to degree level
- Commercial exposure i.e. retail , sales or telesales (would be a nice to have)
- Outbound sales experience (would be a nice to have)
Possess the right mix of skills and have a strong passion to build a successful career? Apply now.
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. We’ve got everything you could need in one place, so it’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
- 33 days holiday – Including Bank Holidays for the perfect work/life balance
- New Year bonus for 100% attendance – (subject to start date)
- Free breakfasts, snacks & drinks all day, every day, plus heavily subsidised lunches
- Hugely discounted NCP car parking
- A hugely discounted gym membership
- Childcare vouchers to take care of the little people
- An enhanced Maternity and Paternity package for those with a new arrival (subject to length of service)
- A cycle to work scheme to encourage wellbeing
- Staff discount on ao.com products
- Contributory company pension scheme
- A world-class management training program
- Our Engage Me programme – we’ll stump up 50% of the cost of any activity you fancy doing with your work friends. So far we’ve done everything from snowboarding to scuba diving.
- Huge companywide social events every year…because we like to play hard as well as work hard
- Make a Difference days – 2 extra days paid leave to spend helping out a charity or worthy cause of your choice