Control Systems Engineer
Job Title: Control Systems Engineer
Location: Coventry, Nuneaton, Solihull, Rugby, Hinkley, Tamworth,
Salary: £33,000 - £45,000 + Package
Our client is a leader in the design and development of control aspects of advanced electronically controlled brake systems and sub-systems. Due to continued success they require a Control Systems Engineer to join their site in Nuneaton.
*Over 2000 employees in over 7 countries
*£Multi-million turnover company
* Market leaders in several product categories, including brake adjusters for drum brakes
* Operates sales, R&D and manufacturing all over the world
Control Systems Engineers Role & Responsibilities
- Develop control system concepts for commercial vehicle braking systems and derive system specifications.
- Model system performance and behaviour, including SiL and HiL.
- Support engineers from other disciplines in control system development and testing.
- Actively participate and support the development of your team and cross-functional work, adapting to organization and process changes
- Monitor and improve the performance of your work and processes you contribute to, addressing deviations or communicate need for support.
- You are expected and have authority to temporarily stop work or processes if safety, environment or quality is at risk.
A higher-level qualification (MSc / PhD or equivalent) in an engineering, physical or mathematical discipline.
Strong understanding of mathematical model based design techniques.
Strong understanding of vehicle dynamics.
Proven skills and knowledge of using CAE tools for dynamic systems analysis.
An appreciation of (current) commercial vehicle braking systems.
An appreciation of the requirements of real-time systems.
General understanding of C-programming, compilers and linkers.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Good communication skills in writing and verbally.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com