Senior Decision Science Analyst - Leeds - to £50,000
Job Title: Senior Decision Science Analyst
Salary: £50,000 + bonus & benefits
The Decision Science department is focused on understanding, measuring, and predicting consumer financial behaviour. The team comprises of business analysts, statisticians, and quantitative scientists dedicated to addressing the company’s most challenging analytic problems. From asset pricing based on sophisticated consumer segmentation schemes, to the development of operational and forecasting models, mathematics, psychology, economics, and business acumen are combined to support the needs of our pan-European business.
As a Senior Modelling and Forecasting Analyst you will provide direct leadership for the company's asset revaluation and forecasting process (including monthly and quarterly reporting activities and the calculation of enterprise estimated remaining collections) as well as hands-on analytic leadership for high-value departmental and corporate activities.
- Analytic leadership for the company’s proprietary asset revaluation and forecasting platform, with an emphasis on enhancement (e.g., ARIMA, time series, and advanced regression techniques), segment-level error analysis, and integration of current and future operational performance indicators
- Manage the post-purchase forecasting process, including empirical and statistical modelling, presentations to the Operations groups and executive leadership, and active partnership with the Finance department
- Build, implement, and maintain performance tracking tools that gauge current and future asset performance, and ensure that new business initiatives are accurately reflected in forecasting analyses
- Manage high-priority analytic activities of significant importance to both Decision Science and the broader organization
- Extensive experience in a related field, including developing and deploying predictive modelling tools and methods in a fast-paced business environment
- Financial services experience, including prior exposure to credit scoring and/or marginal economic analysis, would be helpful but is not required
- Previous coaching and mentoring experience would be advantageous
- Solid and demonstrated working knowledge of two or more of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, Enterprise Guide, and Enterprise Miner
- Strong data modelling and regression forecasting (likely including time series analysis, ARMA modelling, and probabilistic modelling), and database development experience