Calibrate Engineering (Part of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group) are delighted to be working with a prestigious engineering business in Sheffield as they look to recruit a Process Engineer.
Purpose of the role:
The Process Engineer will be a competent CAD CAM user who is able to produce drawings and NC programs. They will be responsible for developing and improving manufacturing processes produce relevant supporting documentation and support manufacturing where problems need to be addressed. They will be required to liaise with regulatory, quality, purchasing and the New Product Development department and undertake the production of drawings to support this function.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Carry out duties directed by the Principal Process Engineer
- Competent CAM and CAD user with Solidworks drafting experience able to produce and amend engineering drawings in line with standards required, good working knowledge of Microsoft products. I.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- Confident in proving NC programs with Vericut and hands on at the CNC machine tool and can work autonomously or as part of a project team to achieve engineering improvements.
- Project Management responsibility with ability to produce Gant charts and provide accurate project timing plans. Able to specify, justify and commission capital equipment
- Carry out the validation of existing and new manufacturing processes, perform statistical analysis of results and document supporting data e.g. SPC and DOE. Analyse factory flow to ensure maximum optimisation of people and equipment
- Identify and assess new developments in technology, machinery, software, cutting tools, materials and processes, minimise process set-up times, design jigs, fixtures and special tooling
- Create BOM's, SOP's and Routings
- Holds a recognized Engineering Qualification.
- Team Player who works well with others.
- Shares expertise and knowledge with others.
- Able to develop job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development
- Lean / continuous improvement knowledge and experience.
- Methodical thinker with an eye for detail.
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of changing circumstances.
- Manages time effectively
- Monitors personal performance against deadlines and milestones
- Good communicator.
- Takes initiative, is self-directed and will seek out answers to required information.
- Be innovative and forward thinking.
- Holds high personal standards of work
- Able to analyse numerical and verbal data effectively.
- Make rational judgments from the available information.
- Upholds ethics and values
- Demonstrates integrity
- Focuses on customer needs
- 4% Pension
- Competitive salary
- Progression opportunities
- Westfield Healthcare/Private Healthcare (one or the other)
- 25 days holiday (plus stats)
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.