New Business Account Executives
My client is a well established, expanding copyright business looking for three New Business Account Executives to join their busy team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company with ambitious growth plans and a friendly, team environment. There is great career progression, after 6 months you can progress to an Account Manager position and many of their employees have been with them for years, developing and growing.
The role is to identify, contact and advise unlicensed organisations on the use of copyrighted material and actively licence those organisations requiring copyright cover, providing advice and guidance on the most appropriate level of cover for each organisation.
The ideal candidate will have sales experience, and/ or experience of working to targets within a B2B or B2C environment.
- To manage a prospect pool of unlicensed organisations, contacting them to understand their copying behaviour and advising them of their copyright obligations.
- To satisfactorily manage your individual sales pipeline from initial call through to, identification of copying activity and conclusion of a licence where appropriate.
- To satisfactorily administer the licence application from initial contact, licensing & copyright advice, application submission and fee agreement.
- To achieve monthly individual revenue targets through the effective administration and sale of licences ensuring satisfactory levels of performance and customer service.
- To use the tools and management information resources available, to understand the clients use of news content and to assist them with the application submission.
- Where appropriate to license all copying activity in a combined licence sale (ie past, current, internal, external copying) ensuring the client has cover for all activity undertaken.
Revenue and performance standards:
- On entry, if the individual has no previous licensing experience, they will be on a reduced target, increasing on a sliding scale over a six month period.
- Threshold revenue target in Year 1 is £100k (threshold revenue increases by £2k every month until month 5). First full month threshold is £2k, increasing by £2k per month until full £10k threshold is reached on month 5.
- Work a prospect pool of 250 business leads (which will be provided) from cold call to identification of copying and licence sale until a pipeline is built up.
- From month 5 onwards the AE will be responsible for achieving threshold revenue of 10k per month.
Basic salary circa 17K plus uncapped commission, OTE 1st year circa 25K.