Group Technical Manager
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment (part of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group) are exclusively working with a West Yorkshire based business within the meat industry who are currently looking to recruit a Group Technical Manager with a background in the Food/FMCG industry.
Forming part of the senior management team and covering 5-6 different sites in the North of England, the role will focus on ensuring that the requirements for compliance with Environmental Permit conditions and other areas of legislation are in place.
The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Site visits to look for demonstration of compliance with permit conditions and animal health legislation, such as: Potential for off site impacts, Documentation for raw materials, finished products and waste, General housekeeping, Status of site checks/procedures/records, Updates to site permits/approvals, Investigation of and reporting on complaints and/or incidents
- Keeping the management systems up to date for ensuring retention of ISO standards
- Assisting the existing team members with ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 requirements (internal audits and preparation for external auditing.)
- Keeping all the procedures up to date and trained out
- Maintenance of procedures will be carried out with a focus on improving what is already in place and keeping up to date with impending changes to legislation, permit variations and so on.
- Acting as technical support for all areas of the business
The business are looking for someone with:
- Science based qualifications (Degree or equivalent)
- Previous experience of working in a regulated / permitted industry
- Knowledge of ISO14001 standard and the requirements for a management system
- Proficient with Excel, Word and Power Point
- An understanding of meat hygiene and / or animal by-product legislation
- Knowledge of odour abatement techniques - such as thermal oxidation, bio filters, chemical scrubbers.
- An understanding of how to contribute to achieving targets set by KPI's
- Principles of continuous improvement
- Auditing skills
The company can offer a clear career progression path alongside a competitive basic salary and benefits.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.