Paralegal/Legal Assistant - Immigration
Two interesting career roles as Paralegal / Legal Assistant in the Immigration division of a popular City based law firm have become immediately available due to expansion. They would suit ambitious and confident graduates with excellent academic grades, knowledge and experience of immigration law and experience of managing their own immigration case loads in a fast-paced legal environment.
These roles offer the opportunity to join one of the best immigration teams in the UK, where you will be working alongside experienced and highly ranked lawyers to advise on a variety of complex applications.
With a proactive nature, a professional demeanour and a hard working attitude you will possess excellent communication skills as these will be client facing positions.
Voted in the top 50 of the Sunday Times "100 Best Company to Work For", this employer also achieved the outstanding two star Best Companies to work for accreditation which acknowledges organisations that demonstrate high levels of employee engagement, fulfilment and staff motivation.
Excellent working conditions and benefits include: 25 days holiday plus, pension, life assurance, income protection, private medical, performance bonus, free eye tests, flexible salary sacrifice benefits and more.
Key responsibilities in the Paralegal / Legal Assistant roles include:
- Liaising closely with senior fee earners, assisting the Immigration Practice Area in the provision of immigration advice
• Assisting on caseloads for private clients including Investors, Entrepreneurs, exceptional talent, family applications, EEA applications, settlement, nationality, human rights and appeal/judicial review
- Managing clients and their expectations
- Conducting research and advising clients regarding a variety of immigration applications
- Liaison with the Home Office/UKVI Policy Unit for guidance on complex scenarios
- Organising and tracking of cases and files
- Drafting, proof reading and checking forms and documents - ensuring complete accuracy at all times
- Completing application forms, letters/emails for fee earner review and submission to the Home Office/UKVI
- Ensuring timely completion of tasks, including working to tight deadlines
Key skills, experience and attributes required to be successful in these positions include:
- Graduate level, ideally 2.1 degree or above
- Ideally 12 months experience working as Paralegal or Legal Assistant in an immigration department
- Interest and enthusiasm for immigration law and knowledge of current issues relevant to immigration (including Brexit)
- Preparation and knowledge of applications for (some or all of the following): Tier 1 (Investor and Entrepreneur), Tier 2 (General and ICT), Tier 4 students, Indefinite leave to remain, Family related immigration, EEA Applications - Permanent Residency, Appeals and judicial reviews, Licensing employers as sponsors under the Points Based System, European applications and Nationality
- Experience of managing own case loads
- Excellent research and administration skills
- Experience of dealing with and managing large quantities of documentation
- Exceptional language skills, both written and spoken including spelling and grammar
- Highly organised and ability to time record
- Excellent client facing skills and day to day ownership of client matters
- Strong IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Professional, diplomatic, confident and hardworking
If you feel you have the necessary skills required for these positions, then we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your CV in Word format (not PDF) ASAP,