Mobile Vehicle Technician
Mobile Vehicle Technician (Sub Contract Engineer)
Various locations throughout the UK
DEKRA Expert Limited are amongst the fastest growing independent vehicle inspection companies. As we welcome more B2B clients, we need motivated, experienced team players to help us deliver the highest possible professional service.
The purpose of this field-based role is to conduct vehicle inspections to an exceptionally high standard ensuring quality, accuracy, efficiency and in a professional and courteous manner. The role will respond to instructions from our Stokenchurch based deployment centre that will arrange appointments on your behalf, broadly within a defined geographic region. Inspections will cover such activities as pre-purchase inspections and warranty evaluations. You will use your own tools and equipment that must be current and conform to required legislation.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience, an exceptional inspection standard and present an extremely professional report.?
- To represent DEKRA Expert Limited delivering vehicle inspections at the clients’ address as directed by our office based deployment team
- Complete and deliver inspection reports after each visit in accordance with the company’s templates and reporting guidelines. All reports must be legible, timely and free from any ambiguity
- To support the Operations Manager in piloting new initiatives or programmes for customers exercising reasonable flexibility if required to travel outside your designated geographic territory
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate will have previous experience in formal vehicle maintenance, servicing or MOT, with a City & Guilds level 3 or HNC/HND equivalent and preferably be a member of the IMI or IRTE. You will be working alongside our head office staff so must be able to demonstrate strong team working skills and be able to contribute to the development of new procedures to improve the performance of the business.
You must also be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Planning and organisation
- Report writing and time management
- Judgement and decision making
- Communication skills
- Analysing information
You will be required to have a clean driving licence and the minimum qualifications outlined above. All items referred to here are subject to inspection and audit at any time and without notice.