As we prepare to open our new flagship Apex City of Bath Hotel in summer 2017, we’re looking for an experienced Financial Controller with passion, drive and enthusiasm. This role presents an exciting opportunity to join a new-build property that will be Bath’s largest hotel with 177 guest bedrooms and conference & events space for over 400 people.
Essential Experience/ Skills
- Previous experience in an accounting role, within the hospitality sector
- A good working knowledge of Excel
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Experience of using Sage 200, Opera & ProcureWizard.
- Previous experience of a hotel opening
The main responsibilities of the Hotel Financial Controller are:
- Daily revenue and banking reconciliation.
- Management of the daily income and costs.
- Preparation & review of the monthly management accounts.
- Food, Beverage & Sundry stock management & controls
- Working with Head of Departments to facilitate roster reviews and wages control.
- Reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
- Support & liaison with the GM and the hotel management team in all matters finance.
- Liaison with Group Financial Control and central Apex Finance team
You will have excellent attention to detail and accuracy and strong analytical and problem solving skills. Equally important, you should be a self-starter with the ability to build relationships with hotel heads of department and to support the wider Finance team across the Group.
You will be friendly and approachable; you will go the extra mile for our guests; you will provide highly consistent good service and you will lead by example.
Established in 1996, Apex Hotels is one of the UK's leading operators of contemporary 4* city centre hotels. Apex Hotels is a family owned Scottish company based in Edinburgh, London, Glasgow and Dundee operating with a mission to provide chic and stylish destination properties in key markets across the UK. Customer service is the primary focus for all members of the Apex Hotel team. The company has a reputation for providing a 'friendly face' to all guests and aims to provide positive opportunities for interaction with staff at every property.
- Pension scheme operated by The People’s Pension
- Employee assistance programme
- Critical illness cover
- Employee reward scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free meals when on duty
- Use of gym &pool facilities(where available)
- Taxi contribution if you’re starting early or finishing late
- Restaurant & spa discount
- Guest experience overnight stay
- Employee of the Month scheme
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click 'apply’. You must be eligible to work in the UK.