Workshop Controller Fleet
A Workshop Controller is required to provide effective management for a transport workshop at a commercial garage currently based in Tipton (West Mids) but ultimately to be based in Birmingham following refurbishment works.
You will be working for a prestigious utility business, managing and planning for the team (30%) and undertaking workshop activities (70%).
Workshop Controller duties will include:
- Ensuring the efficient and cost effective operation of the workshop
- Taking responsibility for the quality and productivity of the team’s work; setting targets and monitoring own and team’s performance; ensuring high standards and improving the image of the Workshop
- Developing, motivating, coaching and training of the team and individuals.
Alongside the supervisory responsibilities above you will also undertake general workshop duties, these may include:
- Routine maintenance of all vehicles (HGVs, Man trucks, landrovers)
- Repairing and maintaining plant machinery, trailers and ancillary equipment
- Gas, arc and MIG welding
To be successful in securing the position of Workshop Controller you will:
- Have considerable mechanical experience
- City & Guilds Motor Vehicle Certificate (minimum Level 2) or equivalent
- Valid LGV (Class C minimum) driving licence
Supervisory experience would be a distinct advantage.
The Workshop Controller role offers free parking, an above-market-rate starting salary, increased holiday entitlement and an excellent pension scheme.