Group Financial Accountant
Are you an ACA / CA Qualified Auditor/Accountant looking for your first role in Industry? If so then this role would be perfect for you. Our client, a FinTech start-up with Silicon Valley backing are currently recruiting for a Group Financial Accountant role to join their Accounts team in London
Founded in 2009 the company are an international FinTech business provide a variety of payment solutions with UK operations in London. They have created their own software platform and now partner with some on the worlds largest Telecom businesses and are now targeting significant growth with some exciting growth opportunities.
Owing to the growth of the business the company are currently recruiting for a fully ICAEW/ICAS Qualified Auditor or Accountant who will be looking for their first role in industry or will have had up to 2 years PQE in a similar financial reporting role. Reporting to the Financial Controller the role of Group Financial Accountant will include, but will not be limited to, the following duties:
- Support the Financial Controller in preparation of the monthly, half yearly and yearly accounts for the management team, Board and external investors, including investigation and explanation of major variances to budget and prior year
- Support the Financial Controller in ensuring effective controls are operating around the Group in all territories
- Support the month end reporting process, with specific responsibility for the overseas legal entities
- Prepare the monthly Group consolidation (currently excel spreadsheet based) and supporting schedules, including inter company, exchange etc
- Ensure the nominal ledger is maintained to a high standard with accurate and timely recording of accounting entries and effective reconciliation controls in place
- Prepare schedules and analysis for the monthly board report.
- Lead the preparation of the Group half yearly and year end financial reports and supporting documentation.
- Will take the lead on technical accounting issues, including analysis and interpretation of the impact of new reporting standards and areas such as share option reporting, financial instruments etc.
- Prepare UK statutory accounts and maintain reconciliations of all other statutory accounts to the Group consolidation on an annual basis.
- Assist in monthly preparation of banking covenant information.
- Key role in the transition of the Group numbers from US GAAP to IFRS.
- Liaison with the auditors and tax advisers at the half year and year end
- Support the Financial Controller and CFO with ad hoc projects and ongoing improvements in the control and reporting processes.
Applicants should be ACA or CA qualified from a Top 20 accountancy firm and will have had exposure to auditing listed companies under IFRS. Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- ACA qualified accountant, ideally with listed company reporting and international experience
- Experience of working in a multi currency, multi location consolidation environment
- Experience in digital and/or payments an advantage, but not a pre requisite
- Strong attention to detail, results driven
- Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate thoughts clearly and to present with confidence and credibility to a variety of audiences
- Advanced excel skills and good operational knowledge of accounting systems
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to challenge and add value
- Proven ability to deliver to tight deadlines, prioritising and managing workload
- Consistently completes deliverables within deadline and to a high standard
- A strong team player accustomed to operating in a professional but friendly environment
- Able to commute into London easily
What's on Offer
This is a chance to join a growing company in a highly dynamic industry, with an excellent overall remuneration package including a highly competitive salary and a great benefits offering. Not to be missed