Electrical Maintenance Technician
We are currently seeking an experienced and qualified Electrical Maintenance Technician to join our highly successful client based in Lowestoft, Suffolk.
The successful candidate will be working in a hands-on position, including the installation, commissioning, assembly, test, inspection and troubleshooting of navigation components and systems.
Main duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Assembly, test and inspection of electrical/mechanical components; solar power, battery and telemetry systems
- Travel to customer's sites to install and commission various electrical/mechanical components
- Perform product and system diagnostic testing and troubleshooting
- Repair defective equipment
- Provide technical customer support
- Carrying out preventative maintenance
- Packing and shipping of finished components
What you need
- Candidates must hold a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar role
- An NVQ (or equivalent) in Electrical Installation
- Ability to read engineering mechanical/electrical drawings
Alongside the above, you must have a full/clean driving licence and be able to drive a van.
This is a full time permanent role and will generally involve working Monday - Friday on a 40-hour week.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must have the flexibility to be available at short notice for requirements around the UK which could involve being away from home for several days at a time.