Financial Services Administration Team Leader
Gale and Phillipson is a progressive firm of Independent Financial Advisers with a strong presence in both the North East and London with clients throughout the UK.
This role will be based in our Newcastle office and you will work closely with and report directly to the Adviser Support Operations Manager, having direct line management responsibility for a team of 2 financial administrators. The Administration Team is responsible for the day to day administration of clients sourced by our team of Wealth Planning Advisers (WPAs).
Having strong leadership skills, your focus will be on the day to day management and personal development of the client administration team, understanding and responding to issues arising from the activities of the team and working closely with other parts of the business as required, in particular the ASOP, Sales Management and Compliance.
Location of work:
- Primarily Newcastle with occasional travel to Richmond and Northallerton offices.
Line management of Client Administration Team (50% of role):
- To manage the day to day activities of all their direct reports in order to maximise staff performance and capability.
- To ensure work is allocated appropriately within the team taking account of workload capability and resource on a daily basis.
- The CAT Leader will lead and develop the team, whilst building a strong working relationship with other areas of the business and senior management.
- To implement training and development plans for each team member. Individual performance and development to be managed through regular 1:1's, periodic appraisals and objective setting.
- To monitor service standards to ensure that the team delivers work to the advisers and clients within agreed service levels. To take remedial action as and when necessary.
- To manage team attendance, sickness and holiday to provide required staffing levels.
- To ensure that the Client Administration Team operates in line with required FCA standards and internal processes and procedures at all times.
- To work with the ASOP on the achievement of the business goals by regular monthly meetings to review headcount, current team capability, procedural changes, costs etc.
- To communicate information to the team in an accurate and timely manner including regular update sessions within Client Administration Team meetings.
- To deal and close off complex queries from clients, advisers or colleagues in a timely and effective manner.
Client Administration (50% of role):
- To ensure that all regulatory legislation relevant to the operation of the Company is adhered to.
- Action post in and out, sort, prioritise on receipt, scan and refer to appropriate adviser as and when applicable within acceptable time scales.
- Manage the daily telephone answering within the team.
- Actively working and maintaining work in progress (WIP) instructions.
- Liaison with providers and clients.
- Preparation for client meetings within agreed timescales following the Company’s procedures.
- Maintain current compliance documents and update records and request directly from client as and when applicable to proceed with recommendations.
- Action transfer to our agency/request for information only, requesting relevant plan information from confirmed departments within the set turnaround time of 5 working days.
- Updating full plan information on back office system, in preparation for analysis and research to satisfy any pre approval requirements.
- Obtain illustrations/projections as instructed via Exchange through Avelo or from providers directly.
- Prepare recommendation illustrations and/or applications from instructions, liaising with advisers/paraplanners to ensure all accurate required paperwork is available for meetings/issue by post to client.
- Check all new business applications/cheques payable to relevant parties and process in a timely manner.
- At all times maintaining accurate computer records including all updates as set out in the relevant procedures.
- Liaise as and when necessary with advisers and colleagues to expedite and action queries and missing information quickly and efficiently.
Key qualities and skills required:
- Experience of administrative team management within a Financial Services environment.
- Good working knowledge / experience of financial services administration and related systems specifically Adviser Office as they apply to both individuals and corporates.
- Comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of financial products and services.
- Strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to motivate and deliver through others.
- Experience of managing teams through change and process development.
- Experience of recruitment and people development.
- Experience of carrying out 1:1 review meetings, performance appraisals and proven ability to effectively manage underperformance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and develop effective working relationships.
Additional useful qualities and skills:
- Have attained or be studying towards attaining financial services qualifications at Level 4.
- Effective verbal communication.
- Ability to present to small groups.
- Ability to collate and summarise detailed data and other management information (MI) for analysis and presentation to senior management / other colleagues.
- Will reflect the skills and experience of the individual. Basic salary is expected to be in the range of £22,000 to £27,000 per annum for a 37.5 hour per week contract, plus bonus and other benefits.