Category / Marketing Manager
Our client, a leading retailer in their industry are looking to recruit a commercial savvy expert with marketing exposure, this is a really interesting post and we would LOVE to hear from you if this sounds just up your street!
The Category Marketing Manager is responsible for driving all marketing activity in relation to this category; using insights to build a deep understanding of the customer, working with the commercial team to ensure that we have the best range for our customers, planning all marketing activity to drive category sales and profitability and working with our key partner brands to plan and activate trade marketing activity through its' communication channels.
The Category Marketing Manager sits within the Category Marketing Team, a key part of the Demand Creation team within the Marketing function. The Category Marketing team are the ultimate champions of our audience - ensuring that all Category Marketing activity and decision-making is rooted in customer insight and positions the company ahead of our competition.
Working closely with the Commercial (B&M), Customer Insight and Design teams, this role is critical to ensure that we are both representing the customer and our brands appropriately.
- Support the B&M team with quarterly range reviews by category - ensuring that we have the right products to meet the customer segment and identifying improvements to the ranges
- Taking responsibility for the Cycle Clothing contribution to the overall marketing plan - the Global Marketing Activity Planner (GMAP)
- Creating themes and stories by category, generating content and planning PR activity using category themes
- Owning the category sections of the ongoing Trade Planning process and working closely with B&M and Design to plan and activate this
- Working with the User Experience (UX) team to optimise the customer journey and experience for Cycle Clothing
- Working with our Partner Brands to create bespoke marketing activity plans that complement the GMAP and Category Marketing initiatives
- Working with Design, activating marketing activities for partner brands, such as Brand Stores and solus emails.
- To keep the 2015 GMAP up to date with the category and to pro-actively drive initiatives that relate to this, ie events, social media, blogs and guides etc.
- To also provide copy / insight for ATL marketing campaigns as required.
- To manage initiatives and liaise with industry governing bodies as required.
- To work with B&M and use messaging to increase the average CTR for the home page by 12% (stretch target 15%) over 2015, and to analyse these results and amend the Category messaging accordingly.
- To use subject lines and messaging to increase the email average OR and CTR by 12% (stretch target 15%) over 2015.
- To work with B&M Category teams to add marketing value to range reviews and strategic plans, by tracking market trends, undertaking competitor analysis and by gaining and understanding customer insight.
- To manage the marketing plans and activation for selected 3rd party partner brands, planning, briefing and tracking all activities, and reporting back to the brand as required in a consistent and professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree, marketing qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working in a marketing role
- Experience of planning and executing marketing campaigns
- Experience of managing budgets
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Strong influencing skills with evidence of managing key stakeholders effectively
- An enthusiastic and driven team player
- A flexible approach to getting the job done
- A professional manner and able to communicate at all levels
- Pro-active self starter and confident decision maker
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Commercially driven with budget and cost awareness
- Highly organised with the ability to manage constantly changing priorities
- A creative eye and the ability to think outside of the box
- Experience of working within the cycle or cycle clothing industry would be an advantage
- A passion for cycling would be a distinct advantage